Please see the job description and person specification for this role.
Candidates are required to submit a Cover Letter detailing their suitability for the position and an up-to-date CV.
Applications will be shortlisted based on the information provided in the Cover Letter and CV outlining how the applicants' experience matches the requirements laid out in the job description and person specification.
The closing date for applications is the 7th of June 2023 at 5pm.
Applications including a Cover Letter and CV should be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on the 7th of June 2023.
Please include Community and Events Fundraising Manager in the subject of your email
Applications will be shared with the relevant people involved in the recruitment process.
Community and Events Fundraising Manager Oesophageal Cancer Fund (OCF) Job Description
Responsible to: CEO
Position: Full Time, Permanent (subject to successful completion of a 6-month probationary period)
Location: Main office in Stillorgan Co. Dublin with a hybrid working option available.
Community & Events fundraising is a vital part of how funds are raised for the Oesophageal Cancer Fund. This role is key in managing Oesophageal Cancer Fund's community fundraising and events ambitions. This will be done through a variety of both in-person and virtual events such as the national annual campaign Lollipop Day, sponsored sporting and challenge events, social media challenge and fundraising events as well as ad hoc events and fundraisers organised in the community.
You will hold a leading role in managing the way the Oesophageal Cancer Fund interacts with our community supporters. So you'll need to be a great communicator; able to share information in creative, compelling ways that inspires others to support the cause. Bringing experience of planning, executing, and evaluating community and events fundraising approaches and overseeing fundraising budgets, KPI's. Ensuring that fundraising decision making is based on data and analytics. You will take a lead on managing the recruitment, training and support of organisational volunteers who actively support the charity through community and events fundraising and acknowledge their immense contributions.
This is an opportunity for a hands-on, proactive, Community and Events Fundraising Manager with a donor and supporter centred approach. Responsible for operationally organising and executing the Oesophageal Cancer Fund's community and events fundraising strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
Managing Community Fundraising Campaigns:
Each year the national community collection day Lollipop Day runs in February, this will be a key component to the role (with fulfilment of this campaign done in an external storage and packing facility)
· Managing and coordinate Lollipop Day. To include recruiting community collection volunteers, identifying collection locations, responding to enquiries, fulfilling fundraising materials, executing the collection event, developing social media and communications materials and managing donations and acknowledgement of donations.
· Manage and develop other community fundraising campaigns outside of Lollipop Day at key times during the year.
Community Events and Challenges:
· Develop an annual calendar of engaging community challenges and events, promoting these events widely, recruiting and supporting the fundraisers involvement.
· Execute a calendar of existing community challenges and events such as the marathons, mini-marathons, cycles, triathlons and recruit and support fundraisers involved.
· Act as first point of contact for all third party event fundraisers and offer support where needed.
Social Media Fundraising:
· Develop engaging social media fundraising challenge events and recruit supporters to get involved and support the cause.
· Develop engaging social media community fundraising content to increase involvement in community fundraising campaigns.
· Manage the recruitment, training and support of organisational volunteers in consultation with other team members and oversee health and safety requirements.
· Provide support to volunteers engaging them in the work of the organisation to build a supportive engaged team of volunteers.
· Identify where volunteers can support community and events fundraising and recruit and support volunteers in their roles.
Networking and representing the charity with donors:
· Actively develop new relationships within the community and represent the organisation to potential donors to inform them of the work of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund.
· Develop relationships with donors and supporters either through direct engagement or by supporting engagement activity with colleagues.
· Attend acknowledgement events with donors representing the organisation and recognising donors' contributions to the cause.
· Provide effective supporter care, for collection volunteers, community fundraising participants and events partners/supporters by letter, email, phone and face to face including development of supporter packs.
· Exemplify the highest standards of supporter care through effective communication from recruitment through to completion, acknowledging the support and fundraising efforts of our supporters and the gratitude of the charity.
· Maintaining effective systems for tracking and planning community and events fundraising campaigns and produce reports on the outcomes of each fundraising method through the CRM system.
· Manage incoming donations, queries and develop the supporter journey ensuring that community and events donor communications are delivered on time and to a high standard.
· Administer and reconcile donations received through cash collections, 3rd party fundraising platforms and social media platforms.
· As part of the team manage the website communications. Ensuring the information is up to date in relation to community and events fundraising and provides accurate information to the public.
· Handle enquiries through social media, the website and email and telephone enquiries relating to community and events fundraising.
· Prepare reports as requested by the CEO to inform strategy and Board Meetings.
Community and Events Fundraising Manager Oesophageal Cancer Fund (OCF) Person Specification
Experience and knowledge
· Minimum 2 years' experience working in a fundraising/business development role.
· Experience developing community fundraising campaigns and fundraising events
· Experience of developing and executing social media campaigns.
· Experience of managing the recruitment, training and support of organisational volunteers
· Experience supporting volunteers in a community fundraising capacity.
· Experience using Salesforce or another CRM system.
Characteristics and skills
· Highly personable and an excellent communicator, with the capability to confidently build and develop positive working relationships both within and outside an organisation.
· Excellent planning, prioritising, and organisational skills and able to take personal responsibility to deliver agreed outcomes
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-paced and high-delivery environment.
· Comfortable working to tight deadlines, and well-versed in working in a busy varied work environment with multiple projects.
· Strong IT skills to include experience with social media platforms.
· An eye for detail, and consistency in delivering administrative tasks.
· Strong belief in and enthusiasm for the vision, mission and values of the Oesophageal Cancer Fund.
Access to a car with a clean driving licence is essential.