- Salary: €50,000 - €55,000 (FTE), subject to experience
- Hours: Full-time permanent but potential for 4-day week
- Reporting to: CEO
- Location: 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2 (* Note: in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, this role will be full-time home-based while public health restrictions remain in place)
ABOUT DEBRA ireland
DEBRA Ireland is an ambitious patient-led charity that’s mission is to drive research into the devastating condition EB (epidermolysis bullosa), as well as support families living with EB in Ireland. The charity is very clear on its vision and mission and is passionate about achievement and excellence. DEBRA has an open and positive culture, with a very passionate team and a super loyal donor base.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a proactive, capable and personable individual with excellent project management and communication skills to make an impact on behalf of people affected by EB.
Reporting to the CEO, working closely alongside other members of the Senior Management Team and collaboratively with people with a lived experience of EB, the successful candidate will be part of a passionate, supportive, patient-centred team.
The key elements of this role are to create, implement and drive DEBRA Ireland’s advocacy strategy against key measurable outcomes and in line with DEBRA Ireland’s strategic goals. The Advocacy Manager will develop, implement and evaluate a campaigns strategy to mobilise public and political support, amplify the voices of experts, and contribute to a movement to secure lasting changes to policy and practice for those living with EB, their families and carers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop, drive and evaluate the advocacy strategy for DEBRA Ireland.
- Identify and manage national and local advocacy activities/campaigns in-line with DEBRA’s strategy.
- Drive agreed advocacy campaigns externally from start to finish, including evaluation.
- Work closely with the Family Support Team to ensure advocacy campaigns reflect the needs of the EB community.
- Work closely with the Research Team in commissioning, overseeing and assisting evidence generation required to support access to better services and treatments for those living with EB.
- Communicate advocacy campaigns and successes to families living with EB, donors and other key stakeholders. Educating and influencing appropriate stakeholders where required.
- Proactively develop media engagement, campaign material and collateral including effective social media elements in collaboration with the wider team.
- Monitor and contribute to the external political and media environment and proactively identify opportunities to highlight their potential impact on patients and families living with EB.
- Work with public representatives, health and social care services and civic organisations where there are links to joint advocacy and/or public engagement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a diverse network of political and peer contacts and champions for DEBRA’s advocacy agenda.
- Contribute to national and international advocacy forums and policy development.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with Lobbying Act, Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Acts.
- Develop DEBRA policies relating to advocacy.
This job description acts as a guide to the role of Advocacy Manager. The role may change to meet the changing requirements of the organisation at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
- A degree level qualification.
- Enthusiasm for the overall vision of DEBRA Ireland.
- A seasoned track record in achieving change through advocacy, policy and building partnerships.
- Demonstrable ability to network effectively and build strong external relationships and advance the advocacy agenda.
- Experience in engaging with and understanding the Irish political, health and social care system as they relate to the advocacy agenda.
- Knowledge of legislative processes, government committees and other structures to enhance development of policy improvements.
- Strong strategic understanding of digital communications, traditional media and social media strategies as tools for promotion and engagement.
- A team player with excellent people skills to engage and unify staff, service users and the wider EB community on campaigns and projects.
- Naturally creative, enjoy idea generation and demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking in stakeholder engagement and outreach campaigns.
- Demonstrable project management skills - showing the ability to drive ideas and oversee projects from creation to completion.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel and work outside standard hours.
- Experience working in the charity sector.
- Experience working in a political environment.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is the 25th June 2021 at 5pm.
For informal queries please contact email@example.com.
DEBRA Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.