JOB TITLE: Donor Development Officer
LOCATION: Jigsaw National Office, Dublin 2.
REPORTING TO: Fundraising Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, Jigsaw’s Donor Development Officer will be a central member of the fundraising team. You will join a dynamic, fast paced, innovative and award-winning team that share a passion for increasing awareness and funds for Jigsaw's youth mental health services and supports.
This role will be responsible for leading on the development and implementation of new donor acquisition, retention, and cultivation strategies to increase income from individual and regular donors. You will work with colleagues to develop clear, well thought out donor journey that link into our existing fundraising streams. You will further be responsible for creating and implementing an extensive donor communications program to inspire, recruit and retain donors.
Who we are
Jigsaw is Ireland’s leading youth mental charity and is committed to advancing young people’s mental health and to developing supportive communities by providing a range of primary care services and supports across the Republic of Ireland.
With the support of the HSE (Mental Health), the Sláintecare Integration Fund and a range of public, private and community and individual funders, we deliver a suite of free primary care mental health services and supports for young people and adults including:
- delivering free, one-to-one, primary care therapeutic sessions with young people (aged 12-25)
- offering community-based programmes aimed at better informing, supporting, educating and empowering young people and those around them, in places where they live, learn, work and play
- undertaking pioneering research and robust evaluation leading to transformative evidence
- providing a wide range of e-mental health supports through jigsaw.ie
- rolling out a comprehensive secondary school’s programme (One Good School™) aimed at supporting the mental health and wellbeing of young people by developing a shared responsibility for mental health across the whole school community.
Jigsaw offer a listening ear, and give expert mental health advice and support to young people. They provide families, teachers, and those who support young people ways to cope and the skills to be there for young people.
For more information on Jigsaw, and the services and supports we provide, visit www.jigsaw.ie
- In line with the highest standards of fundraising practice you will be central in the development, planning, budgeting, and managing a range of acquisitions, retention, and cultivation strategies to build and support a donor base of individual planned giving to raise long-term income for Jigsaw’s programmes in line with the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Possessing excellent communication skills, you will be able to develop and deliver messaging that resonates with, and inspires, our diverse audiences to give and continue to give.
- You will contribute towards all donor acquisition and journey planning in line our five-pillared strategy of Individual Giving, Corporates, Trusts & Grants, Events & Challenges and Community, delivering agreed KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and agreed income targets.
- You will work to maximise donor engagement, journey planning, satisfaction, retention, and lifetime value – and champion a best-in-class level of donor care across the organisation.
- Details focused, you will work with colleagues to develop, coordinate, and execute Jigsaw’s donor communications strategy.
- You will work closely with the Fundraising Manager and team to ensure that technologies and systems best supports individual regular giving and communications activity.
- You will have experience of managing donors through a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform and will contribute to Jigsaw CRM’s development and data management plans in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) guidelines.
- With a keen eye for results and impact, you will capture and communicate fundraising data in a clear manner that can enable decision making quickly and effectively.
- Internally, you will support internal audiences and help promote a strong culture and understanding of the role of Fundraising and donor recognition throughout Jigsaw.
- You will actively participate in the delivery of all elements of our organizational Fundraising Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other departments across Jigsaw and be a supportive and effective team member
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- You are passionate about supporting young people with their mental health and achieving change in Irish society
- A minimum of 3 years’ experiences working within fundraising or a related area
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience of working with a CRM system (Ideally Salesforce)
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess the skills to effectively work within cross functional teams in a collaborative environment
- You are insights-driven and are committed to quality, accuracy, and consistency
- Demonstrated ability to bring fundraising projects from strategy development through to execution, in line with fundraising income targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a detail-oriented position
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with co-workers in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate initiative and drive for results.
- A 3rd level qualification in marketing or related field
- Experience in Salesforce is a distinct advantage
- Proficient in presenting and public speaking
- Previous experience in an NGO environment
- Full, clean driving license.
This role also requires the ability to travel for work and the willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
You can apply here: https://apply.workable.com/jigsaw/j/8D39A4B37B/
Closing date for Applications is 6th of October