Individual Giving Lead - September 2021
CEO initially and then to Commercial Director
Core Purpose of this role
The Board of ISPCC Childline has recently approved a new, innovative, strategy that seeks to ensure that every child in Ireland can access our support where and when they need it. Our support services are branded as ‘Childline’ and have an ethos based on building resilience. This is a significant ambitious programme, underpinned by digital transformation and fundraising growth that will futureproof our charity by ensuring we remain relevant to our key audience – the 1.2m children and young people under the age of 18 in Ireland.
Critical to the achievement of this vision is strengthening our talent pool with the creation of new roles within the organisation to deliver on our ambition. An Individual Giving Lead is one such role and sits within the organisation’s Fundraising team.
Based in Dublin, (although working remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic) this role presents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, creative, individual to join the busy team at the ISPCC. Individual giving is a key specific element of the Fundraising portfolio which represents huge potential and a wonderful willingness from donors to invest in ISPCC Childline. This new role will appeal to a target driven individual who is motivated to grow and develop our ISPCC Childline donor base.
The following job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved in the role. Consequently, the successful candidate may, on occasion, be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post.
As its core to the functions and responsibility of the Individual Giving Lead role has a strategic focus on net individual giving growth through both acquisition retention of both cash and regular givers to achieve annual targets and KPIs
- As a key leader on the Fundraising team this position will be instrumental to successful delivery of our new fundraising strategy.
- Compelling Storytelling: Working cross functionally to gather inspiring and engaging content from facts and figures to images and case studies and leveraging this across acquisition and retention.
- Income Diversification: Exploring new acquisition channels of ISPCC and demonstrate thought leadership on new channels and methods, particularly but not limited to the digital sphere.
- Community Integration: Work closely with colleagues in community to optimise use of data and seek integrated journey opportunities, while creating strong sense of community amongst individual givers.
- Targeted Communication: Lead on smart data-led communications with segmented targeting and consistent messaging; reporting to maximise donor lifetime value and optimise return on investment.
- Transformative Culture: To be the champion for the supporter and donor voice internally and a driver of change to optimize our communications, donor care and processes for excellent supporter experience.
- Managing an expenditure budget as assigned by ISPCC Childline Board to deliver agreed income targets and optimise return, scale and growth
- Day to day campaign management of street and private site face-to-face and telemarketing channels
- Feed into legacy plans in context of our new strategy in this area, rolling out activities as relevant.
- Development of three-year plan for Individual Giving with budgetary projections across income and expenditure to achieve the desired growth as part of wider fundraising portfolio.
- Business cases for investment in multichannel strategy to achieve the above & drive income growth and lead on pilots and learnings for new approaches to feed into future plans.
- Support a culture of continuous learning through pilots, AB testing and data analysis and engage all levels of the organisation on an evidence-based journey based on supporter insight.
- Lead on donor acquisition to achieve annual targets and KPIs
- Drive diversification of regular giving acquisition & donor development through face to face, digital and other means
- Drive growth in cash donor base and value and evolve current DM/newsletter strategy to a series of multichannel fundraising annual appeals
Donor Care, Development & CRM
- Review and optimise on-boarding and thank you process for ISPCC Chidline donors across segments and channels
- Develop donor engagement strategy with new comprehensive donor journeys from content, to data, to systems & processes for delivery, continuously widening our contactable base of donors.
- Manage, optimise and grow donor development strategy for upsell and cross-sell through a range of channels
- Bespoke cultivation of high value donors to maximise value and establish a pipeline for Major Donor giving.
- Drive roadmap for development of our CRM functionality to drive processing efficiency, marketing automation and strong donor experience. Oversee relationships with agencies & payment platforms and work to optimise integration
- Ensure that all fundraised income is recorded on the ISPCC Childline CRM and manage regular reconciliations with the finance team
- Focus on continuously widening our contactable base of donors and creation of donor engagement strategy development with new comprehensive donor journeys from content, to data, to systems & processes for delivery.
Leadership and Compliance
- Stretch zone mentality and an ability to instil in others in the Fundraising achievement of stretch goals and financial targets
- With the CEO and Commercial Director, develop and implement Fundraising strategic plan and budgets by utilising experience and past results and to create detailed activity plans
- Supplier and agency management; maintain efficient and good relationships with partner agencies to ensure maximum value to ISPCC
- Negotiate contracts with agencies to maximise value for ISPCC
- Delivering inspiration sessions to fundraisers and training on ISPCC’s mission and values
- Report on campaign performance on a monthly basis and to continuously monitor performance against agreed financial and non-financial KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring ISPCC’s direct fundraising activity is in line with ISPCC compliance and best practice and industry guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring agency compliance; to ensure that our internal controls for monitoring agency compliance are adhered to in order to ensure donor satisfaction and to mitigate against reputational and financial risk to the charity
- Briefing supporter care, database and digital teams of upcoming campaigns to ensure efficient supporter care, accurate income coding and campaign performance monitoring
- Develop strong cross functional working relationships across organisational departments including; the wider Fundraising Team, Services team Marketing and Communication teams
- Experienced people manager with a proven track record of motivating and empowering people and teams reach and exceed goals
- Experience in change management at both team level and cross functional level
- Stretch zone mentality and an ability to instil in self and others in the Fundraising achievement of stretch goals, agreed KPIs and financial targets
- Experience in Direct Marketing fundraising, in particular key demonstrated skills in digital fundraising, specifically acquisition campaigns and telemarketing channels
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing successful supporter journeys to ensure smooth transition between acquisition and retention programmes
- Proven experience of fundraising innovation and new product development
- Experience in managing suppliers and agencies
- Experience in delivering inspiring learning and development to fundraisers as well as compliance and best practice training
- Experience of providing supportive line-management
- Hands-on experience of creation, management and reporting of financial KPIs, campaign budgeting and forecasting
- Proven experience of managing budgets
Essential Leadership behaviours
- Ambition and mind - set for growth with a performance target driven results based mentality
- Ability to motivate and deliver through the team - building a "what is possible" mind - set in the team
- Leadership potential and or experience leading a team
- Gravitas and inspirational as a leader - transmitting clarity in telling our story by adopting ‘one voice’ (internally and externally)
- Lead across beyond function (ie, delivers an impact that goes beyond Fundraising) with a proven ability to build cohesive cross functional relationships e.g. Communications Marketing / Services
- Values wellbeing of themselves and the wider Fundraising team and demonstrate resilience (ability to demonstrate tenacity when confronted with setbacks and/or failure, demonstrates ambition and optimism for the future)
- Develop trusted relationships externally and internally (able to create connection with people, have honest conversation and have ethic relationship with the individuals)
- Development Potential - ability to grow and develop in the role
- Emotional Agility - ability to be able to adapt and change as situations require
- Self-Awareness as a leader - open to feedback and development
- Successful track record in provision of analyses and feedback on achievements at Management and Board level
Essential Technical requirements
- Digital Fundraising acumen – high level of understanding to on board others in the team to navigate and required
- Marketing or business third level degree or equivalent with digital expertise
- In depth knowledge at expert level of CRM and proven track record of analytical skills
- Intellectual Agility - critical thinking, ability to process and deal with complex information quickly
As a provider of an essential frontline service we adhere to the highest levels of COVID 19 precautions in all of our units across the country. All non-essential roles are being fulfilled remotely during COVID -19
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8th of October.