Job Description Title: Sligo Fundraising & Marketing Executive
Location: Focus Ireland, Sligo
Reporting to: South East Fundraiser
Type of Contract: Part Time (20 Hours per week) x 6 months
Salary: Depending on experience
Primary Purpose: Focus Ireland has developed an ambitious strategy to prevent homelessness and to provide effective support and solutions for those who do become homeless and to also continue to provide safe and secure homes for its current and future customers.
The Sligo Fundraising & Marketing Executive will play an important role in the Fundraising Team helping to engage corporate, community and individual support in the area. You will manage key partnerships, generate fundraising activities, drive public support and awareness and develop corporate relationships. Working closely with local services and the Fundraising Team based in Dublin, the role has a fundraising target and will play a vital role in building on existing relationships in the region to further develop Focus Ireland’s brand and fundraising strategy.
Person: This role is ideally suited to a confident, focused, enthusiastic, determined, entrepreneurial individual who is looking for a fulfilling role in the not for profit sector. You are self motivated and have the ability to work on your own and also within a team environment.
• Leading, managing and supporting Focus Ireland’s Shine a Light Night Campaign in Sligo and surrounding territories to meet fundraising targets.
• Driving corporate relationships and events with a view to establishing and developing long standing corporate relationships. Ensuring successful recruitment campaign carried out to ensure key supporters recruited and providing fundraising support to those involved.
• Securing key partnerships that help raise awareness and generate public support of Focus Ireland’s work via the development and management of large scale partnerships which raise profile and give Focus Ireland the opportunity for large scale public support in the local areas.
• Developing volunteer networks with a view to supporting fundraising events, community activities and corporate activities as well as driving brand awareness.
• To develop and maximise fundraising revenues in line with agreed fundraising strategy and targets.
Campaigns and Relationship Development:
• Recruit support for corporate and community campaigns.
• Develop key relationships and approach suitable partners / contacts.
• Write and deliver tailored presentations and proposals as appropriate to target sources of funding.
• Organise and oversee project visits as appropriate to aid the cultivation and relationship management process.
Research and generate ideas for fundraising activities and scope out same where deemed suitable.
Network development and support:
• Identify, recruit, cultivate, manage and motivate a team of volunteers to assist in reaching fundraising targets and in building awareness.
• Support volunteer recruitment for new channels and products/campaigns or events as required.
• Develop key relationships with community groups and associations (GAA, Rotary, ICA, Scouts/other as appropriate), and local businesses which can assist Focus Ireland reaching fundraising targets and building awareness.
Profile development via key partnerships and media campaigns:
• Be responsible for raising awareness and generating public support of Focus Ireland fundraising initiatives and services via large scale fundraising initiatives or partnerships working with key media partners.
• Work with the Manager of Community and Regional Fundraising Development and PR to roll out local fundraising drives from campaign inception, production and delivery to full post activity analysis and reporting that identifies the key drivers of success / cost benefit analysis.
• Ensuring that all activity can be tracked, measured and monitored effectively.
Budgets and reporting
• Roll out and manage key activities in line with agreed budgets.
• Maximise the potential from activities and manage the cost profit ratio.
• Provide regular updates on plans and progress.
• Written monthly updates on participants, income, projections, adjustments as appropriate.
• Post campaign reviews.
• Work as an integral part of the fundraising team to maximise income and long term supporter relationships as per the growth strategy.
• Work with the services and communications teams to collect regional case studies, images and other information to be used in proposals and reports to prospects.
• Attend regular Dublin based meetings as appropriate.
• Undertake any relevant work as delegated by the Director of Fundraising or National Fundraising Initiatives Manager.
• Share Focus Ireland’s values, participate as a full member of the Focus Ireland team and support activities across the whole organisation as appropriate.
• Strong empathy with and for the organisations customers, volunteers and supporters.
• All times enhance and uphold the reputation of Focus Ireland.
• Ensure that all fundraising complies with the charities act and all relevant data protection as well always adhering to fundraising best practices.
• Work with regional managers and teams to agree support plans to implement regional fundraising campaigns and relationship development.
• Engage in regular one to one sessions with your manager.
• Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your manager.
• Be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your manager or Health & Safety Representative
• Strong experience in fundraising, marketing, event management, sales development or sponsorships/partnership development.
• Experience of working to budgets, targets and plans in a deadline focused environment.
• Strategic planning skills including the ability to develop and deliver activity plans that will achieve KPI’s
• Ability to prioritise, plan, self-motivate and work off own initiative.
• Professional communication skills: excellent presentation skills, excellent proposal and report writing skills.
• Be a driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills to lead and motivate volunteers and supporters as well as being team player to operate in a cross–functional environment.
• Excellent computer skills – all office applications.
• Hold a relevant third level qualification.
• An understanding of, and commitment to the not for profit and/or charity sector in Ireland is desirable.
• An understanding of fundraising principals and best practice.
• Flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the requirements of the role. Work outside of normal office hours will be required from time to time.
• Own car and full clean drivers licence essential.
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
To Apply, send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications