Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire believes in a just and peaceful world. Where everyone’s dignity and rights are respected. A world where everyone has the right to basic resources. And those resources are shared fairly. A safe place where everyone has control over their own lives. And those in power act for the common good.
The Fundraising and Marketing Division in Trócaire is responsible for raising income from the public in Ireland, recruiting new supporters to our work and increasing loyalty from existing supporters as well as increasing awareness of Trócaire.
Working in the Fundraising and Public Engagement Division, the Fundraising & Marketing Officer will manage a number of Trócaire’s key fundraising campaigns including Trócaire Lenten campaign and church income campaigns to deliver on income targets and raise awareness of Trócaire.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to the Head of Campaign Marketing, and based in Maynooth. This is a Specified Purpose Contract ( Maternity Leave) The incumbent will manage one professional.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Create and own the campaign strategy delivering over 27% of public income
Develop and execute all aspects of TTL fundraising and marketing campaigns including ATL, BTL, Digital and experiential to deliver on income targets and raise awareness of Trócaire’s work, including Trócaire Lent and other related campaigns.
Manage the creative development process; ensuring products are on brand and on message
Manage agency and supplier relationships, including Creative, Media and Print to ensure the delivery of the best possible service for Trócaire, while ensuring value for money and adhering to best practice
Work cross organisationally (PR, digital, international, segment leads) to deliver quality campaign on time and to budget.
Lead on media buying and monitoring
Manage detailed campaign budgets
Support in implementation of new Trócaire brand guidelines across the whole org
Build relationships across the organisation to ensure consistency of approach, delivery of campaign objectives and maximise contribution to F&M work.
Implement best practice CRM approach and incorporate all work into the management information system (Salesforce.com).
Prepare & present management reports on income tracking, project progress, comprehensive project reviews and proposals regarding new initiatives.
Represent Trócaire at relevant meetings, conferences and seminars.
Work cross organisationally to collect content to support key fundraising initiatives.
Manage, support and empower the Fundraising and Marketing Administrative Assistant to deliver on strategic objectives and KPIs
Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements:
· Degree in Marketing or another relevant field
· Project Management qualification and Experience ( highly advantageous)
At least 5 years’ experience in creating and executing TTL campaigns at a national level (incl TV, radio, digital and BTL)
Experience in fundraising
Media buying experience
Experience of CRM systems and CRM marketing campaigns
Research and insight development experience
· Have a track record of delivering bottom line results
· Fundraising Experience
· Proficient in the use of Salesforce & other CRM systems.
Proven creativity and innovation
Strong analytical skills
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent organisational skills
Experience in financial planning
· Ability to enhance systems and logistics
· Have a strong improvement orientation
· Leading: Reflecting our values of Participation & Accountability, acts to inspire and lead others to achieve their potential, demonstrating Trócaire’s values with integrity in order to achieve our organisation’s objectives.
· Communicating: Reflecting our value of Participation, being one organisation, communicating clearly and transparently across, teams, units, divisions, locations and other external organisations. Getting our message across with impact.
· Collaborating: Reflecting our values of Participation & Solidarity, partnering effectively as One Trócaire organisation and, in solidarity, maintains positive relationships built on trust and respect.
· Stewardship of Resources: Reflecting our value of Accountability and decision-making around the best use of resources. Using our resources transparently, sustainably, ethically, fairly & with integrity; acknowledging Trócaire’s reputation in the use of resources.
· Delivering Results: Reflecting our values of Accountability & Perseverance, getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
· Continual Improvement & Learning: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and partners to better fulfil Trócaire’s’ mission.
· Flexibility & Change: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, adapts positively to change and to different ways of doing things; manages or takes part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organisation.
· Knowledge of overseas development or Human Rights
· Flexibility to travel when necessary
 As this post is based on the Island of Ireland, non EU / EEA nationals will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Island of Ireland as work permits are only issued in exceptional
Closing Date for Applications
11th June 2019