PURPOSE OF JOB
To work as a part of an integrated team providing responsive services to young people who are out of home. To support the project workers to facilitate the continuum of care
To support the liaising and provision of a case management service through the Caretakers Hostel.
The Project has been designed to meet the needs of Young People between 16 and 21 years who are currently out of home and/or in transition from Children’s Residential Services, and being at risk of extended adult homelessness. The project is a partnership with the St Vincent De Paul Society. The project works as part of TUSLA and its Crisis Intervention Service
MAIN DUTIES AND METHODOLOGY
1. To work a flexible 7 night Rota to meet the objective of the service inclusive of live nights
2. To work with the support and guidance of the project workers to promote a welcoming environment for young people, by maintaining a safe environment and facilitating conditions which reduce or remove incidents and/or harmful behaviors of young people through the use of and Therapeutic Crisis intervention behaviour management
3. To support individual contact work with young people that are out of home as outlined in the support plan under the direction of the liaison case manager
4. To assist in the daily cleaning of the drop in and kitchen area within the service, when appropriate and as per scheduled cleaning Rota on a weekly basis.
5. To keep records of ordering dry goods and toiletries in conjunction with the other premises services to maintain adequate stock levels in the hostel
6. To interact and engage with young people including observing their behaviour, dealing with young people’s emergencies in accordance with guidelines and reporting incidents to appropriate project staff and recording observations for communication to project worker staff
7. To be responsible for keeping up to date contact records, daily logs, written handovers, inputting interventions on the Focus Ireland PASS
8. To assist in the preparation, provision and delivery of food, and that these are maintained safely and in accordance with HACCP food safety management system
9. To attend all team meetings, and ASR as planned
10. To implement and review existing policies and procedures and to input into the development of new policies and procedures
11. To engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the Line Manager
12. To participate in relevant core training and development courses as agreed with the Line Manager.
13. In conjunction with the Line Manager, to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner to meet the strategic aims and objectives of the Focus Ireland.
14. To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Line Manager.
15. To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
16. To work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland
17. To work within the overall policies and procedures of Focus Ireland, inclusive of Health and Safety Policy, child protection
18. To work to the Focus Ireland model and standards of best practice
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Criteria: Contact Worker, Caretakers Hostel
Relevant third level qualification in the area of social care i.e. youth work, social studies, addiction, psychology
Experience in the social care field working with disadvantaged youth
Experience of supporting marginalised youth with high risk and challenging behaviour
A working knowledge of issues affecting young people out-of-home and their impact on young people and their physical, emotional and psychological development.
Relevant experience of working in a team which shares a common goal.
A working knowledge of the services within the homeless sector.
A working knowledge of child protection issues and ways of responding appropriately to any concerns.
To apply for the above role, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications
30th April 2019