To work as a part of an integrated team providing responsive services to young people aged 16-25 who are out of home or at risk of homelessness.
The Extension Service is a Drop-In Centre and is often the first point of contact homeless young people make when accessing homeless services. We aim to provide a stable place for young people and provide them with basic essentials like food, but also to engage young people to create a pathway out of homelessness as quickly as possible through access to a dedicated Youth Case Manager
MAIN DUTIES AND METHODOLOGY:
1. To work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland
2. To work within the overall policies and procedures of Focus Ireland, inclusive of Health and Safety Policy
3. To work to the Focus Ireland model and standards of best practice
4. To work a flexible rota over 7 days to meet the objective of the service.
5. To provide a safe, welcoming environment for young people by ensuring the safety of young people and the premises by maintaining a safe environment and facilitating conditions which reduce or remove incidents and/or harmful behaviours of young people.
6. To ensure young people have access to the service including the opening and closing of service, preparation, provision and delivery of food, shower and laundry service and that these are maintained safely and to manage and maintain stock for provision of emergency clothing and basic hygiene supplies.
7. To provide advice and practical support across a range of issues including Housing, Health, Safety, Addictions and Social Welfare and ensure that pamphlets and other written materials are available and up-to-date.
8. To interact with young people including observing their behaviour, dealing with young people’s emergencies in accordance with guidelines and reporting incidents to appropriate staff and recording observations for communication to other staff.
9. To contribute to the development of a young person’s assessment and support plan under the leadership of the designated Youth Case Manager.
10. To be responsible for keeping up to date contact records, daily logs and written assessments. Inputting information on the Focus Ireland database.
11. To attend Team, Section, Divisional, Organisational and external agency’s meetings and training as required.
12. To engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the Team Leader.
13. To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your Team Leader.
14. To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Team Leader.
Criteria: Contact Worker, Extension Services
Relevant third level qualification in the area of social care i.e. youth work, social studies, addiction, psychology
Experience in the social care field working with disadvantaged youth
Experience of supporting marginalised youth with high risk and challenging behaviour
A working knowledge of issues affecting young people out-of-home and their impact on young people and their physical, emotional and psychological development
To apply for the above role please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications
30th April 2019