Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society”
Mission: Peter McVerry Trust (PMVT) is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage through the principal of a Housing First model. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons with complex needs, which offer pathways out of homelessness within a framework of equal opportunities, dignity and respect.
An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and committed individual to join the Peter McVerry Trust fundraising team.
The role will primarily be responsible for donor development including the recruitment and retention of donors, in line with the Fundraising & Marketing Strategy. Reporting to the Head of Fundraising & Marketing, you will co-ordinate donor communications including direct marketing campaigns, regular donation and tax reclaim appeals and fundraising merchandise.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet key objectives and targets to ensure the organisation’s funding needs and development plans are met, whilst ensuring the highest level of donor care and management.
- To develop the annual donor care and development plan with the Head of Fundraising & Marketing to maximise income from existing and new donors.
- Meet agreed income targets and quarterly KPIs.
- To ensure excellent donor care at all times through co-ordination of donor communications, donor profiling and database management.
- To work closely with the fundraising administration team to ensure high standards of income processing and reporting are upheld and in line with GDPR, the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public, and PMVT’s financial policies and procedures.
- To support other colleagues on key events and appeals to ensure optimum success and develop new fundraising initiatives.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned by the Head of Fundraising & Marketing.
Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant area.
Minimum 3 years experience in fundraising/communications, business development, or customer service management with proven track record of meeting KPIs, financial targets and delivering significant income growth.
Fundraising/CRM database experience.
Experience of managing direct marketing campaigns, liasing with designers, printers & other agencies where required.
Staff and volunteer supervision/management experience.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong donor/customer orientation.
Knowledge and understanding of GDPR in relation to the charity sector, and requirements to ensure adherence.
Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritising workload; ability to work under pressure.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent project management skills.
Data analysis and reporting skills.
Knowledge of voluntary sector and charity legislation desirable.
Commitment to the mission and objectives of Peter McVerry Trust.
To apply, please download the PMVT application form from http://www.pmvtrust.ie/about-us/vacancies/. Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com or to the HR Department, 29 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
Closing Date for applications is 29th of March
Peter McVerry Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Peter McVerry Trust Operations Ltd
Registration Number 412953 Charity Number CHY7256