Fundraiser - Oxfam Ireland
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam works in three ways: we respond to emergencies, saving lives and helping survivors recover; we provide people with the skills and resources to lift themselves out of poverty; and we campaign to change the unjust policies that keep people in poverty.
Joining the Oxfamily is an opportunity for you to develop a career within the third sector, not only here in Ireland, but with our sister organisations all over the world, from Australia, to New Zealand, Brazil to America. Will you join us?
Rate of pay: €11.00 per hour for first 20 training shifts, €13 - €15 per hour after first 20 training shifts and in addition, performance related pay.
The role will entail our fundraisers informing, inspiring and recruiting members of the public on their doorstep to establish regular gift donations.
Job purpose: Direct Dialogue fundraising is currently playing a very important role in enabling Oxfam Ireland to achieve our fundraising targets, and allowing us to maximise the benefits for those most in need.
The post will involve
- Recruiting donors door to door to support Oxfam Ireland through direct debit regular gifts.
- Informing, inspiring and engaging the Irish public about the crucial work Oxfam Ireland is carrying out.
- Representing Oxfam Ireland always in a friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times, and abiding by the fundraising code of conduct and established protocols.
- (A full clean driving licence is advantageous though non essential for successful applicants)
- A passion for Oxfam Ireland's work, knowledge of emergency/developmental aid issues is beneficial also though non essential.
- An outgoing personality, enjoy interacting with members of the public and working outdoors within a team dynamic.
- Experience within direct dialogue is a definite advantage, though non essential as full training is provided.
- Access to an Internet enabled phone for new SEPA banking compliance procedures which are now mandatory.
The successful candidate will have
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage and inspire, and very strong spoken English.
To apply please email cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org