Campaigner - Oxfam Ireland
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam works in three ways: we respond to emergencies, saving lives and helping survivors recover; we provide people with the skills and resources to lift themselves out of poverty; and we campaign to change the unjust policies that keep people in poverty.
Joining the Oxfamily is an opportunity for you to develop a career within the third sector, not only here in Ireland, but with our sister organisations all over the world, from Australia, to New Zealand, Brazil to America. Will you join us?
Rate of pay: €11.00 per hour for first 20 training shifts, €11.80 per hour after first 20 training shifts and in addition, performance related pay
Inspiring members of the public to support the work that we do, and to play a central role in informing, inspiring and mobilising to support Oxfam’s work.
The position involves:
- Campaigning on street, at private sites alongside, some of the biggest Irish festivals and events
- Engaging new supporters on Oxfam's mission and campaigning goals, securing petitions and inspiring new supporters to take campaign actions and support Oxfam’s work
- Representing Oxfam Ireland in a friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
A driving allowance applies for successful candidates with a full clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will have
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and very strong spoken English.
- A passion for Oxfam Ireland’s work and knowledge of emergency/developmental aid issues is beneficial though non-essential.
- An outgoing tenacious personality, enjoy interacting with members of the public and working outdoors within a team dynamic.
- A target driven personality, with a drive to succeed
- Ability to represent Oxfam as an exceptional ambassador at all times
To apply please email cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org