Advancement Officer - University College Dublin Foundation
University College Dublin Foundation
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement activities to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
The Advancement Officer will work closely with Development team members to enhance UCD’s fundraising efforts by: assisting in the identification of new supporters; preparing reports and profiles; managing news alerts; provide other proactive and reactive research tasks for the team, and support decision making and strategy through the analysis and interpretation of a series of internal and external data sources.
Additionally, the Advancement Officer will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Advancement Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Partner with fundraisers to create, build and manage a robust pipeline of prospective major gift supporter portfolios.
- Assist fundraisers in creating and revising an advancement plan, considering campus relationships, interests, affinity and any other ways that could inspire giving.
- Identify biographical and financial information on corporations and individuals of relevance to UCD using a range of public domain resources (internet searches, online & press media, electronic corporate records and other databases).
- Supply relevant information to support senior university figures.
- Maintain accurate prospect and supporter records and regularly monitor the tracking of media, alerts and significant events e.g. awards & honours.
- Undertake proactive research projects to source new supporters with an interest in UCD’s priority projects
- Manage diaries and schedule internal meetings, coordinating space and audio-visual needs.
- Proof and prepare documentation for the Advancement Manager and Director of Development.
- Supervise part-time student workers, assigning tasks as required.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Can show initiative and assimilate, interpret and present data from a wide variety of sources.
- Excellent computer literacy with proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple on-going projects, negotiate deadlines and work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and present clearly to all levels within UCD in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Knowledge of databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of data visualisation software, preferably Tableau.
- Experience with interpreting business and financial data.
The salary for the post will be in the range €27,000-€36,000 per annum. The Advancement Officer will report to the Advancement Manager. Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 22 May 2018.