Philanthropy Executive - Barnardos
Christchurch Square, Dublin 8 with travel as required.
Fulltime and Permanent
Salary: €34,770 - €48,565
What does the Fundraising Department do?
Barnardos fundraising department is responsible for raising voluntary income to support Barnardos services in Ireland. We do this through a variety of different channels such as:
Who do we work with?
External agencies, internal stakeholders, voluntary and community groups, the public and donors.
What will the Philanthropy Executive do?
The purpose of this post is to work with the Philanthropy Lead to maximise all opportunities to deliver an ambitious Trust and Foundations, and Major Donor income target, to support Barnardos work with children and families across Ireland.
- Donor Marketing campaigns
- Corporate Fundraising
- Trust and Foundations
- Minimum of 3 year’s trusts and / or major donor fundraising experience or similar research based role.
- Excellent computer skills and working experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and database packages.
- Exposure to other elements of fundraising and/or research activity desirable.
- A proven track record in securing multi-year grants from domestic and international funders and maintaining ongoing relationships with funders desirable.
- Education to degree level (desirable) or relevant experience gained either in the corporate or voluntary sector.
Personal Attributes required
- Flexibility, innovation and initiative.
- Excellent grant and report writing skills.
- A clear understanding of fundraising through trusts and foundation grants and major donors.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal, written and face to face.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Initiative and focus to carry out the research function of this role.
- The ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
For full job description and the Barnardos application form check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Completed applications forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org