Internal Auditor - Trócaire
Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
Trócaire’s Internal Audit Function supports the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives in an accountable, transparent and cost-efficient manner by providing independent assurance regarding the effective operation of the governance, risk and internal control environments.
Internal Audit has a scope across the whole organisation in Ireland and Overseas and a scope across all risks, not just financial considerations.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Head of Internal Audit and will assist in the delivery of an effective and efficient audit function under the terms of the Internal Audit Charter and the Risk Based Audit Plan as agreed by the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC).
For the candidate with the required experience and passionfor the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to Head of Internal Audit, this is a contract of indefinite duration and is based in Maynooth, Ireland with regular travel overseas to Trócaire’s offices.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and delivery of a range of assignments as set out in the Risk Based Audit Plan including several overseas audits
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes
- Make cost effective and value add recommendations in response to diverse risks in a challenging and complex environment
- Produce high quality professional reports and present this work to management
- Track and report on management’s implementation of Audit Recommendations
- Support the recruitment and management of volunteer professionals and seconded staff to support the resourcing of the plan
- Support and advise management in their duty to prevent, detect and respond to fraud
- On occasion the Internal Auditor may be required to carry out Special Investigations
- Support the Accountability Agenda with both internal and external stakeholders and assurance providers including Donor Due Diligence reviews
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to map and evaluate assurance sources across the organisation
- Contribute to the Annual Assurance Report which provides an opinion on Trócaire’s control and risk environment to the Audit and Risk Committee
- Apply the standards and ethics of the International Professional Practice Framework
- Represent Trócaire at relevant cross sector networks and initiatives
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
Internationally Recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification Or Chartered Internal Audit Qualification (CMIIA)
At least 3 years post qualified experience in internal or external audit
- Excellent Positive Communication Skills both Written & Oral
- Strong Analytical, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- An Inquisitive & Co-operative Working Style
- Ability to work on own Initiative
- An Inclination toward Capacity Building
Independent, Objective, Ethical, Pragmatic, Active Listener, Collaborator, Community Spirited, Dynamic and Flexible
- Willing and able to travel and work in challenging environments (approx. 6 trips per year)
- An understanding of, and empathy with, the NGO sector
- A commitment to social justice and the ethos of Trócaire
Person Specification – Desirable
Any audit or risk qualification
- Information Systems Audit experience
- Using Management Information Systems for Data Analytics
- Previous experience in the INGO sector
- Work/Travel experience in developing countries
- Experience of Regulatory Environments
Fluent French or Spanish
Leader, Champions Change, Innovative
- Ability to maintain good working relationships in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible approach to work
To apply, please click on; https://www.workable.com/j/0C59C892DF and complete the application form
 As this post is based on the Island of Ireland, non EU / EEA nationals will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Island of Ireland as work permits are only issued in exceptional circumstances.
Closing Date for Applications - Tuesday 15th May 2018