Global Alumni Relations Coordinator - UCD Foundation
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement activities to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
This is a position created to drive the University’s goal of increasing engagement opportunities across the global alumni network outside of Ireland to support our alumni both in a personal and professional way. This position is a great opportunity for a resourceful, creative, motivated, ambitious and diligent individual to join a highly regarded and successful team.
The Global Alumni Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive programme of global activity – events, communications and volunteer opportunities - to build and strengthen lifelong relationships between UCD and its 239,000 alumni worldwide.
Working across all forms of media, the Coordinator will proactively liaise with all relevant Colleges/Units within UCD and our 38 Global Chapters to deliver events, content-centred communications and volunteer opportunities worldwide - all with the aim of building new and lasting relationships in support of the University and our graduates.
Some overseas travel will be expected.
Salary scale €38k-€45k – with potential future opportunities for growth as part of UCD Foundation’s performance development programme. The Global Alumni Relations Coordinator will report to the Associate Director of UCD Alumni Relations.
Apply with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Final closing date for applications: Monday 14 May 2018.
Interviews will be held week of 14th May 2018.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and manage a calendar of overseas events, communications and volunteer opportunities - liaising with UCD International Office, vendors, and alumni contacts worldwide
- Build and foster relationships with alumni worldwide
- Act as the primary point of contact for alumni who volunteer their time on our 38 global chapter committees
- Manage these overseas volunteer committees: schedule conference calls; face-to-face meetings; advise on event management for chapter-led events, volunteer engagement and professional opportunities
- Identify areas where alumni can engage with UCD in a meaningful way and how they might support key strategic objectives
- Create a pipeline of UCD supporters: volunteers, speakers, mentors, ambassadors, donors
- Collaborate with key faculty and staff across the University to bring the UCD story worldwide
- Research, plan and implement new and exciting methods of delivering programmes to engage overseas alumni. Programmes will be both virtual and face-to-face and support our alumni and the University’s strategic plan. Programmes to include topics of interest to alumni at different stages in their alumni engagement life cycle, provide opportunities to network and feature alumni as speakers and providers of content
- Work closely with the data team to ensure that data records of our global alumni are being kept up to date
- Record, measure and report on KPI activity monthly
- Collaborate closely with Regular Giving and Development colleagues in increasing financial support from alumni
- As a member of the team, the Coordinator will support events and special projects as run by the Alumni Relations Team to ensure delivery of all alumni related activities
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- 3 years relevant experience
- A background in marketing, event management, public relations, communications, volunteering and experience of working in a busy environment utilising digital communications and social media
- Experience of managing events and database-driven event management technology
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage several competing projects at a time while communicating frequently and concisely with manager and stakeholders
- Be motivated, flexible and with ability to use own initiative in a busy working environment
- Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills and prioritisation to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Extensive experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar customer relationship management database
- Enjoy travel for work