Campaigns and Community Fundraising Intern - The Mercy Hospital Foundation
We are hiring!
Campaigns and Community Fundraising Intern for The Mercy Hospital Foundation
(Paid Graduate position)
About The Mercy Hospital Foundation
Set up in 2007 The Foundation is responsible for developing giving opportunities and encouraging charitable contributions from within the community towards the work being carried out in the Hospital. We are also responsible for ensuring that funds raised for The Mercy University Hospital are managed efficiently and allocated in a transparent manner in line with our donors’ wishes and in line with our Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
By developing a close working relationship with the healthcare professionals and management within the Mercy University Hospital as well as our donors and supporters The Foundation will help to provide life-saving, life-changing support.
Funds raised through the Mercy University Hospital Foundation are used to purchase state-of-the-art equipment, to enhance and develop services and to help Hospital staff in providing a world-class service in a world-class Hospital.
Job Title: Campaigns and Community Fundraising Intern
Reporting to: Campaigns and Community Manager
Pay: €1,500 per month
Location: Mercy University Hospital Foundation, 26 Henry St., Cork.
Duration: 6-month contract
Hours: 9-5 pm. Mon-Fri.
Work will be required on weekends/evenings which can be claimed back as time in lieu in normal working hours.
Due to operational requirements, the Mercy University Hospital Foundation is currently recruiting a Campaigns and Community Fundraising Intern.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in community fundraising and events.
This exciting and challenging role will include:
- Co-ordination of our Golf Classic event
- Ad hoc community fundraising assistance
- Co-ordination of the Mercy Ball
- Attend cheque presentations as necessary
- Ensure all communications with donors and information are logged on the database for future reference in order to maximise fundraising results
- Work to continuously improve the Foundation’s operations so as to firmly establish the Foundation as a charity of choice
- To contribute towards the Foundation being a supportive, positive and effective workplace
- Ensuring the shared folder is continually updated
- Contributing towards the Foundation being a highly regarded and ethical charity
Skills and Experience in any of these areas would be an advantage:
- Third Level qualification
- Event Planning experience
- Public Speaking experience
- Telemarketing experience
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency using databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities with the capability to manage projects in line with organisational requirements
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and creative skills with ability to work on own initiative but also as an integral member of the team
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Enthusiastic, efficient and hard working with a positive can-do attitude
- Flexible ability to deal with last minute tasks and integrate them with the overall workload
- Responsible, Reliable and honest
- Stays calm under pressure
- Passion for fundraising and charity work
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the Mercy University Hospital Foundation
- Hard Working with a positive can-do attitude
- Own car, clean driving license (essential)
To apply for the role, please email CV and Cover Letter to Julie Harris at email@example.com Tel 021 -4274076
Closing date for applications Friday 6th October 2017