Research Manager - Debra Ireland
Salary: competitive (depending on experience)
Hours: full time or part time options considered
Reporting to: the CEO
Location: 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal, Dublin 2
DEBRA Ireland is an ambitious patient-led charity with a hugely successful track record in driving forward research into the devastating condition EB (epidermolysis bullosa). We are playing a cutting edge role nationally and internationally in ensuring that research has impact for patients and are leading an initiative to develop the first international patient registry for EB.
We offer an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, capable and personable individual with research and communication skills to make an impact on behalf of people affected by EB. The role will provide great scope to shape EB research and the opportunity to influence national and international networks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research Management and Support
- Propose new research projects, in line with the research strategy of DEBRA Ireland
- Support the development of a national and international EB patient registry and a clinical management system
- Manage and support ongoing and future research projects
- Contribute to the research activities and strategy of DEBRA International
- Act as point of contact between researchers, patients and clinicians and support the development of research networks
- Facilitate patient involvement in EB research
- Support the translation of research outputs into therapies including through support for clinical trials and the commercialisation of potential therapies
- Manage all aspects of the research budget
- Identify sources of funding and contribute to securing funds for research
- Develop DEBRA policies relating to research
- Lobby and advocate for improved treatments, clinical trials and increased research investment.
- Produce accessible content on all aspects of EB research
- Communicate across all stakeholder groups, helping to inform and create a sense of community
- Use all social media and traditional media platforms
- Represent DEBRA Ireland at national and international meetings and in the media
- Act as a member of the DEBRA Ireland management team and support all aspects of the organisation
- Participate in the development and implementation of DEBRA Ireland strategy
- Manage the DEBRA Ireland Research Committee
- Represent DEBRA Ireland within relevant umbrella groups and organisations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Educated to PhD level within the field of biomedical sciences, or equivalent
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good knowledge of the health research environment
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing teams and workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make complex topics accessible
- Self-motivated, highly capable of working independently and with a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Enthusiasm for the overall vision of DEBRA Ireland
To learn more about our research see https://debraireland.org/research/debra-ireland-and-research/ and http://www.debra-international.org/research/research-projects.html for more information on funded DEBRA International research projects visit.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their CV and cover letter to Suzanne Dowd by Friday, 27 October 2017 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEBRA Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.