Accounts Assistant - Clarecare
Clarecare is a voluntary organisation providing a range of people centred Social Services to individuals and families in County Clare. Clarecare was originally established as Clare Social Service Council in 1968, as a means of co-ordinating and developing local services for the elderly. Clarecare’s Headquarters are based in Ennis with local offices in Shannon, Kilrush, Killaloe, Ennistymon and Miltown Malbay. Services today provided by Clarecare include family support, home-help, counselling, adoption, day centres, addiction treatment centre, support for travellers, and holiday respite homes for various members of the community. Clarecare is supported by a partnership with TUSLA / Health Service Executive, other Government Departments, by charitable funding and by the Diocese of Killaloe. Further information is available on www.clarecare.ie
TITLE: Accounts Assistant – Finance Department
ROLE: To provide accounts assistance to the Management Accountant, Accounts/Finance team and wider Clarecare Service.
OBJECTIVE: The Accounts/Finance Department aims to provide an efficient and smooth running Payroll and Finance function within Clarecare.
JOB RELATIONS: The Accounts Assistant will work as part of a wider Finance Team in Clarecare and will link with other relevant Departments/Services within Clarecare. This position reports to the Management Accountant.
JOB LOCATION: The position offered is currently based at Clarecare’s offices in Harmony Row, Ennis, Co. Clare. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to other Clarecare centre locations throughout Co. Clare in the course of his/her work as and when required.
HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time permanent role (subject to successful completion of 12 months probation & receipt of ongoing funding). Daily work hours are from 9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. inclusive of a 1 hour paid lunch break over 5 work days per week (Monday to Friday inclusive).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- To report to the Management Accountant or designate.
- To adhere to Clarecare policies and procedures in relation to all work with Clarecare.
- To maintain files in accordance with Clarecare standards in order to ensure that excellent record keeping practices are in place.
- To maintain the principles of confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To complete files and records as required by the Management Accountant or designate.
- To work as part of the wider Clarecare Structure.
- To support the work of various departments/services within Clarecare.
- To attend supervision sessions with the Management Accountant.
- To maintain professional boundaries in all work with colleagues, peers, external parties, etc.
- To perform such other duties appropriate to the office as may be assigned to you by the Management Accountant or designate.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable Administration.
- Responsible for Cash Books and all Petty Cash Administration.
- Overseeing the Accounts Receivable role.
- Handling all supplier queries and calls on a timely basis and reconciling supplier statements.
- Responsible for periodic Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for month end closure of all prime books.
- Ability to process the CE Payroll (weekly) and Home Help (monthly) payroll when other Finance team members are on leave.
- Working with the wider Finance Team to develop and implement a project accounting system and process.
- Key player in the annual budget administration process within Clarecare which requires liaising with other Depts/Services within the Service.
- Ensure that all prime books entry systems within Head Office are also applied consistently in all other Clarecare centres.
- Coding of invoices.
- Assist with the development/implementation of cost centres/revenue centres within Clarecare.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Fully qualified Accounting Technician e.g. MIATI and/orpart-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA, CPA).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar role bringing accounts to trial balance stage in a fast-paced team environment with ability to prioritise and multitask effectively.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using accounts packages e.g. SAGE, TAS, etc.
- Used to working to month end deadlines/closures.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, email.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively with non-accounting personnel across the organisation.
- To be flexible and adaptable in one’s approach to work.
- To attend relevant Finance, Staff and inter-departmental meetings as relevant.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned.
- A positive ‘fit to work’ medical.
- A positive Garda vetting disclosure through Clarecare.
- Two positive written references from your current and most recent employer.
- Full driving licence with a commitment to use your car for work purposes and to indemnify Clarecare in respect of this.
- Payroll Qualification with ability to process weekly/monthly payroll’s.
- Experience in migrating from one accounts package to another e.g. TAS to SAGE, etc
- A knowledge of the philosophy and ethos of Clarecare.
SALARY: The gross salary range on offer for this 5 days per week role is €29,788 to €35,663 gross per annum depending on experience. This gross salary is subject to the usual deductions of PAYE, PRSI, USC, etc.
NOTE: The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive. Unforeseen policy changes or emerging needs may create new and different demands on the position. The post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.