Alumni Relations Officer - UCD Foundation
Alumni Relations Officer
University College Dublin Foundation
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement activities to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
To support the work of the Alumni Relations team, and to contribute to its ongoing success, UCD Foundation is seeking to recruit an Alumni Relations Officer. This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, resourceful, creative and diligent individual to join a highly regarded and successful team.
The Alumni Relations Officer with Responsibility for Volunteering, Professional Development and College Engagement will –
- Coordinate the introduction of the alumni volunteering programme
- Maintain and expand on the professional development programme
- Support the alumni activity in two of UCD’s six Colleges
The Alumni Relations Officer will build and strengthen lifelong relationships between UCD and its 239,000 alumni worldwide. The Officer will report to the Associate Director of Alumni Relations and is responsible for the planning and implementation of a programme of activity for alumni through volunteering, professional development activities, events and communications. The Officer will also implement the alumni relations programme of activity for two of the six Colleges – the College of Arts and Humanities, and the College of Health and Agriculture Science.
Working across all forms of media, the Officer will proactively liaise with the UCD Development team, UCD Career Development Centre, the six Colleges and their Schools, and all relevant units in UCD to deliver professional development opportunities for students and alumni throughout their careers and to offer volunteering opportunities for alumni which strengthen the UCD community. They will also work closely with the two Colleges above to deliver a comprehensive programme of alumni relations activity in both Colleges.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and manage the alumni Volunteering programme:
- Identify volunteering opportunities for alumni across the University which will engage alumni at various stages of their alumni life cycle.
- Create a sustainable alumni volunteering programme, building mutually-beneficial interaction between alumni and the University.
- Develop and implement a plan to recruit, manage and retain alumni volunteers.
- Build and foster relationships with alumni to ensure that they remain engaged with UCD and enjoy their role as a volunteer.
- Oversee and report on alumni volunteering activity across the University on the alumni relations database.
- Coordinate and manage the professional development programme for alumni:
- Work with UCD Careers to expand on the current mentoring programme – both online and face to face with alumni and students.
- Management of the online mentoring tool.
- Coordinate and manage professional development events for alumni and students.
- Work with UCD colleagues and volunteers to deliver an annual professional development conference.
- Support the UCD internship programme with a communications campaign to alumni.
- Engage alumni through a programme of activity in two Colleges:
- Support and coordinate the alumni activity programme for the UCD College of Arts and Humanities through events and communications.
- Support and coordinate the alumni activity programme for the UCD College of Health and Agricultural Sciences events and communications.
- Student Engagement:
- Support the engagement of students with alumni volunteers
- Support the communication of the alumni programme to students
- Welcome graduating classes to the alumni network through the conferring communications campaign
- Coordinate and manage the annual reunion for key milestone years.
- Research, plan and implement new and exciting methods of delivering programmes to engage alumni through volunteering and professional development – both virtually and face to face.
- Ensure data records are being maintained.
- Record, measure and report on activity on a monthly basis.
- Manage budgeting and PO process for all events and programmes within their team
- Collaborate closely with Regular Giving and Development colleagues to increase financial support from alumni.
- As a member of the team, the Officer will support events and special projects as run by the Alumni Relations Team to ensure delivery of all alumni related activities.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- A background in alumni relations, careers, volunteering, event management and/or communications
- 3 years relevant experience working in a busy environment utilising digital communications
- Experience of mentoring programme management and professional development activities
- Experience delivering a volunteer programme for alumni or in a non-profit organisation
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage several competing projects at a time while communicating frequently and concisely with manager and stakeholders
- Experience in event management, budgeting and payment systems
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative in a busy working environment
- Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills and prioritisation to meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar customer relationship management database
- Strong computer skills including online platforms – events, email, networks and databases.
An attractive remuneration package is available for this post. The Alumni Relations Officer will report to the Associate Director of UCD Alumni Relations.
Apply with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Final closing date for applications: 12th October 2017