Corporate Fundraising & Relationship Manager - RCSI
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) is a private, self-financing, not-for-profit medical and surgical college headquartered in Dublin (Ireland) with global reach through its overseas medical universities and healthcare centres in the Middle East, the Far East and Africa. Since its foundation in 1784, the College has played a leadership role in Irish surgical and medical education. Currently, RCSI operates the largest Medical School in Ireland and provides undergraduate education in Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, and Nursing. In addition to Surgery, the College also provides postgraduate training and education in Radiology, Dentistry, Nursing & Midwifery, Sports & Exercise Medicine, Healthcare Management and Leadership, and has an Institute of Research. RCSI is ranked in the top 250 institutions Worldwide and joint 2nd place in Ireland in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (2016-17).
The Development Department is responsible for the College’s fundraising and manages engagement with Alumni, Fellows & Members; currently a team of 10. The Corporate Fundraising & Relationship Manager is supported by a Corporate Fundraising Assistant.
About the Development Department:
The Development Department plays an increasingly important role in delivering RCSI’s ambitions as outlined in The Campaign for RCSI: Educate, Nurture, Discover. The vision for the Campaign sees RCSI ranked amongst the great medical colleges of our time: internationally noteworthy for being at the forefront of surgical innovation and ground breaking research and for educating the brightest medical minds of tomorrow. Delivery of the Campaign goal (€100 million over ten years) will require a step change in corporate fundraising and individual giving.
About the Role:
The Corporate Fundraising and Relationship Manager (CF&RM) will be Integral within RCSI’s Development function, taking the lead in account managing RCSI’s (non-research focused) corporate partnerships, identifying and executing new corporate revenue streams and delivering increased and sustainable income from the corporate sector. This role will work in synergy with RCSI's Head of Industry Partnerships who leads on the development and relationship management of all RCSI's corporately funded, research focused engagements and partnerships.
The desired candidate will be able to work independently to build new corporate relationships, and manage and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders across the College to ensure that RCSI’s (non-research focused) corporate partnerships are successfully and consistently managed and stewarded.
The successful candidate will;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all (non-research focused) corporate interactions across RCSI in order to identify how to leverage relationships for maximum mutual benefit
- Build a successful strategy to identify and establish new corporate funding streams for RCSI
- Identify, cultivate and manage a portfolio of corporate prospects to deliver corporate partnerships at a 5, 6 and 7-figure level
- Manage RCSI’s new and existing (non-research focused) corporate relationships to ensure excellent service for corporate partners to secure continued income
- Develop and execute cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for corporate prospects to maximise long term value
- Develop high quality materials including bespoke corporate funding proposals (for a broad range of activities including campaign projects and sponsorships)
- Build excellent relationships across internal departments to ensure successful management of new and existing relationships
- Work independently to build relationships with corporate stakeholders at a senior level
- Set clear financial targets and drive activity to ensure they are met
- Develop regular reports for internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Manage the Corporate Fundraising Assistant in the team, directing their workload and developing them within the role
- Represent the Development Office in a professional manner
- A proven track record of corporate fundraising, corporate business development or corporate account/relationship management
- Experience in establishing corporate giving relationships at a 5 and 6-figure level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrable experience of selling, negotiating and influencing
- A strong understanding of the motivations, needs and operating models of the corporate sector
- Superior customer service skills to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Experience managing direct line reports
- A positive and resilient manner with the ability to work under pressure
- A target driven mind-set
- Flexibility with work and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- A self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Confident, well-presented, and self-assured
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of seniority
Applicants can apply with a Cover letter and CV through the RCSI Careers website (https://rcsi.ie/careers) by 16 November 2017.
Please take note of the following key dates;
- Closing date for applications: 16 November 2017
- 1st round interviews: 1 December 2017
Candidates will be required to prepare and deliver a presentation as part of the interview process. The presentation brief will be provided to candidates in advance.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Aine Gibbons, Director of Development, by email at email@example.com.