The Direct Marketing module is designed to give students an understanding of why people donate and why they stop, an understanding of the key stages in the donor recruitment process and an overview of the essentials of creative briefing.
- Understand why people donate and why they stop donating
- Know the key stages in donor recruitment planning
- Understand the importance of segmentation, profiling and targeting
- Understand the key factors in media selection and planning
- Understand the importance of fulfilment
- Know how to calculate key performance metrics
- Understand the key issues in writing a creative brief
- Know what should be included in the creative brief
This course will provide the essentials of how to create a winning direct marketing campaign and include a wide range of formal learning opportunities designed to engage, educate and connect potential or active donors.
The course includes 3 hours of interactive on-demand content plus three live stream sessions with one of Ireland’s top fundraising professionals.
Date: October 2021 tbc
Course tutor: Kevin Delaney, Lead Consultant, Academy Street Workshop.
Kevin is a nonprofit professional of over 12 years and co-founder of Academy Street Workshop, a nonprofit agency specialised in training, strategic planning support and fundraising mentorship. He is the founder of the Irish Fundraisers' Network and Charity Hack, an initiative to provide a step up for small and emerging nonprofits. Kevin is a graduate of the Common Purpose Meridian Programme and holds a Certificate in Fundraising and a Diploma in Fundraising Management. Kevin has spoken at conferences in Ireland, US, Norway, UK and Netherlands.