The Certificate in Data Protection is designed to give students an understanding of the requirements and principles that charities must follow in relation to storing personal information, an understanding of the requirements for data protection in the context of using third parties to process personal data on its behalf, an understanding of data protection in the context of direct marketing and an understanding of the requirement toallocate responsibility for data protection policies and compliance issues within the charity to one key point of contact.
- An understanding of how to manage donor databases in line with data protection legislation
- Be aware of the requirements in relation to handling online donations and donations received over the phone, cheques and direct debit donations
- Be aware of the legal requirements in relation to collection and retention of PPSN
- Understanding opt –in and opt-out requirements
- Be aware of the requirements when using third party data processors
- Be aware of the legal requirements in relation to dealing with access requests
- Be familiar with data protection policies and statement requirements