Cii Compliant Charities Register
On September 28th 2017 the Charities Regulator launched the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public (the "Guidelines") the basis of these new guidelines is the 2008 Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising (the "Statement")which the following list of organisations have publicly signed up and adhere to.
It is the expectation of the Charities Regulator that any charities that fundraise will comply with these revised "Guidelines" and Charities Institute Ireland will keep a record of those charities that wish to publicly state their adherence on this register. If your organisation has previously signed up to the "Statement” all you need to do is:
- Familiarise yourselves with the new ‘Guidelines’
- Adapt and revise your documentation and procedures to comply with the ‘Guidelines’. This will involve, at it’s simplest, changing all mentions of the ‘Statement’ and replacing them with references to the new ‘Guidelines’.
- If you engage a third party to collect donations and personal data on your behalf, you should review the agreements you have with them to ensure that they also understand the ‘Guidelines’ and are compliant with them.
- You must ensure that your charity’s most recent audited financial report is hosted on your website.
- Then inform Charities Institute Ireland that you are in full compliance to the 'Guidelines' and Cii will then list your organisation on our website.
Please make sure that if your charity is listed below, as currently stating compliance to the "Statement", then you have until 31st December 2017 to make the appropriate changes to comply with the "Guidelines" as set out by the Charities Regulator or be removed from the registry.
Compliant to 2008 Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising