Certificate in Best Practice
All members of Charities Institute Ireland are required to complete our Certificate in Best Practice. This course provides comprehensive details on all aspects of: voluntary codes of practice, good practice guidance and key elements of legal and regulatory frameworks. This online course has been designed to increase your knowledge of the importance and best practice for governance, transparency and accountability. It provides a benchmark to reflect a commitment to compliance with the expectations of all stakeholders including government, regulatory authorities and the general public.
If you or your organisation are not members of Cii then please click below for more information.
Module: Certificate in Best Practice
Course Objective: The aim of this Certificate is to provide our members with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to enable them to better understand the importance of good practice in the Not-for-Profit Sector.
Estimated Course Completion Time: 1 hour
- Please note that the Certificate in Best Practice is mandatory for members and once completed you will unlock all of your individual member privileges, including discounts, invites to social events and access to the members directory.
- The membership course has limited access with a specified time limit to complete, please log in below to view all terms and conditions in relation to the assessment.
- The best practice course is a core unit in the Certificate in Fundraising and must be completed if you are undertaking the entire Certificate.
To access the course content please enter your email and password in the space provided below.
- The course will be assessed by terminal examination online.
- Multiple choice, one answer only for each question
- All questions carry equal marks
- You must answer all 25 of the questions asked.
- Time limit applied to the exam is 30 minutes.
- The course is mandatory and must be completed 4 weeks after you receive your membership Welcome email.
- Your personal course exam link is only active for 4 weeks after you receive your membership Welcome email.
- If you do not pass or would like to resit the exam or the link to the exam expires; the link can be reset and resent at an additional fee of €15.00 per member.
Estimated time to complete exam: 20 - 25 minutes
- Pass grade 60% - 74%
- Merit grade 75% - 89%
- Distinction grade 90% - 100%
Please note that this presentation doesn't have any associated audio