Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role;
Deputy Manager – Philanthropy and Grants
Fundraising & Communications Department - Central Office based in Dublin City Centre on a hybrid model
Salary €39,378.24 per annum
Full-Time (35 hours) – Permanent Contract
Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. In this role, the post holder will manage and develop philanthropic funding streams across Trusts, Foundations, and Major Donors, achieving agreed targets in line with organisational objectives
This is an opportunity for a suitable candidate with fundraising experience to be part of a dynamic and growing team within Depaul.
Please see areas of responsibility for a full picture of the duties of this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Managing and developing philanthropy and grant funding streams to achieve targets in line with organisational objectives
· Stewarding a diverse portfolio of existing and new philanthropic partners to ensure lasting and impactful relationships
· Promoting and developing Depaul's potential to a wide range of supporters and key target audiences
· Identifying, securing, and stewarding new philanthropic funding partners, including trusts, foundations, and grant making bodies
· Supporting and inputting to the development of major donor and legacy giving strategies
· Providing consistent relationship management for trusts, foundations, grant making organisations, and major donors
· Developing a calendar of relevant and interesting engagement communications and events, as well as a range of appropriate acknowledgement and recognition opportunities
· Creating compelling and visually engaging proposals and ensuring timely and comprehensive responses to opportunities
· Delivering excellence in impact reporting and storytelling
· Leading on processes and procedures required for the development of philanthropic funding, including prospect research, development, and pipeline management
· Developing strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, to ensure up to date knowledge of Depaul's services, strategic plans,and future ambitions
· Working with staff across the organisation to ensure funded projects are effectively monitored and evaluated
· Maintaining detailed, accurate records on all aspects of philanthropic funding utilising our CRM system (Salesforce)
· Reporting regularly on philanthropy income pipelines
· Keeping up to date with trends and best practice
· Acting as an ambassador for Depaul and living our values
· Preparing ad hoc reports and presentations when requested
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
· Third level degree in communications, business/marketing, liberal arts or another humanities subject is essential.
· 2-3 years' experience working in fundraising or relevant discipline in NGO sector; ideally 1 year fundraising experience (essential)
· Proven ability of excellent communications to broad range of stakeholders and to engage and motivate supporters
· Excellent content development and writing skills
· Collaborative, relationship building approach to working with colleagues within own and other departments and externally
· Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to complete projects within tight time constraints and balancing multiple competing work demands
· Advanced level IT skills, ideally with CRM system experience
· Graphic design experience desirable but not essential.
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our online application process on the vacancies page of our website
Send a CV and cover letter outlining relevant experience and qualifications to the following email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 7th October 2022 @ 5:00pm