Become a Member
Becoming a member of Charities Institute Ireland will enable your organisation to deliver positive social impact. Charities Institute Ireland works tirelessly with its members to help change the landscape of the sector, as one single strong voice for the leading Irish charities.
The benefits of becoming a Charities Institute Ireland member include:
- Recognition of your organisation’s commitment to ethical fundraising, transparent financial reporting and good governance.
- Clear pathways to achieve Triple Lock standards. Triple Lock commitment is best practice in all aspects of good governance, transparency and accountability.
- Advocacy and lobbying with government on your behalf – e.g. the decision in Budget 2018 to introduce a VAT Compensation Scheme for charities
- Access to the Certificate in Best Practice which has been designed to ensure greater understanding of fundraising, governance and financial reporting standards.
- The delivery of best practice education and training at reduced membership rates. Each year, Cii delivers charity finance workshops, fundraising certificate and diploma programmes, fundraising masterclasses, major events including the National Charities Conference and the Charity Excellence Awards.
- Networking through Cii events– you will have the opportunity to meet with peers facing many of the same issues and challenges. These events provide access for senior staff to thought leadership C-Suite events; have your say at our Finance Directors' or Heads of Fundraising Forums, or your fundraisers can join their peers at the Fundraising Forum networks (including Major Gift, Legacy, Individual Giving, Digital, Corporate and Community).
- Join a Working Group and help guide Cii's advocacy agenda. Current groups include GDPR, Clothings Banks and VAT Compensation Scheme.
- Preparation and support when regulatory change occurs through provision of training, guidelines and events.
- A monthly newsletter keeping you up-to-date with the latest news from across the sector.
We currently have three types of membership available:
If you represent a charity and would like to avail of a membership which your entire organisation could benefit from, Organisational Membership is for you.
By becoming a Supplier Member of Charities Institute Ireland you will demonstrate your organisation's support for transparency and accountability in the charity sector.
If you work in the charity sector, or would like to get more involved, Academy Membership gives you access to various events, training and education material.