Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation provide quality therapy, education, training and employment, and family support services for people with disabilities and their families.
Every year we require over €2 million in additional income from our shops and fundraising to meet the cost of delivering our services, without which we would be unable to meet the needs of the services users and their families.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising Assistant, Permanent Full Time, based in Cork for our Cork Region Services.
The Role: This role will provide support to the Fundraising Manager in coordinating activities in line with the National Fundraising Strategy, such as annual campaigns, corporate philanthropy events and activities, prospect management and public fundraising campaigns.
Based in Cork, the role requires an experienced and dynamic individual for this busy and exciting position in a large service area. An individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience in event and campaign coordination and ability multi-task is required.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities are as per the job description.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar fundraising, marketing or communications role
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field, such as marketing, communications, or business.
• Must have full, clean driving licence and access to own car.
• Knowledge of the Irish fundraising landscape and the not-for-profit sector
The post holder will demonstrate an ability to:
• Positively communicate at all levels within the organisation and with all stakeholders, such as donors, event holders, companies and suppliers
• Demonstrate competency in written and verbal communication skills.
• Ensure very high standard and quality at all times in their work
• Manager and coordinate activities independently where needed, such as fundraising events, activities and campaigns for the region.
• Fundraising certificate or formal training desirable
• Experience in an event management role highly desirable
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organization and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
This is a permanent, full-time position. A full profile is available on our website.
Please download the person specification, job description and employment application forms from our website (http://www.enableireland.ie/aboutus/careers/fundraising-assistant)
Completed applications to be forwarded to Joanne O’Hagan, Head of Fundraising by email to
Informal enquiries to Joanne O’Hagan on 087 9185072
Closing date for applications is Friday 21 July 2017.
Interview date to be confirmed.
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s
will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
• The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.