Merchants Quay Ireland
Job Title: Donor Care Officer Maternity Cover
Department: Fundraising & Communications
Reports To: Fundraising Manager
Accountable To: Fundraising Manager
Purpose of Job: Donor Care Officer is responsible for the delivery of all donor care & retention activity as part of the Fundraising Team in Merchants Quay Ireland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide fantastic service to MQI supporters on the phone, in person and in writing.
- Manage the processing, thanking and receipting for all donor income.
- Increase the lifetime value of MQI supporters by increasing their knowledge and understanding of our work and the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
- Support specific campaigns to increase supporter loyalty. Implement and deliver activities to manage the supporter life cycle including retention, reactivation and upgrading of donors.
- Maintain internal administration and CRM processes including uploading data files and running reports. Ensure the donor database is used as a tool for increasing income from existing supporters as well as supporting future fundraising initiatives.
- Supervise volunteers and Community Employment participants assigned to the department.
- Work with the team to coordinate content sent to supporters including quarterly MQI newsletters and all appeals & campaigns. Continually review, revise and improve thank you processes and materials for supporters with the aim of improving donor care and increasing supporter loyalty and giving.
- Provide information, materials and support to individuals and groups holding local community and sponsorship events in aid of MQI, and respond to requests for supporter-led events.
- Support other members of the Fundraising Team on Direct Recruitment campaigns and donor appeals.
- To work as a full member of the fundraising team, handling enquiries from supporters, meeting and greeting visitors/donors and assisting with other fundraising projects when necessary.
- Manage admin projects on an ad-hoc basis. Handle sensitive information using discretion and confidentiality.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Fundraising or their nominee.
- Flexibility in working hours is required. For donor events held occasionally during evenings or weekends a time-in-lieu policy is operated.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A proven track record in the planning & management of projects against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters.
- Creative and innovative, with an ability to think laterally in order to identify and respond to new opportunities.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise at short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office Skills especially Excel.
- Experience in database management is desirable. (Experience using eTapestry would be ideal.) An interest in and aptitude for data analysis is required.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and prioritise time and resources accordingly.
- Excellent and engaging written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and take discretionary action as required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Education to Degree level or equivalent is desirable.
Salary: €27,500 pa pro rata (€13,750 for the duration of this contract)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Duration: 6mth Specified Purpose Contract
Location: Fundraising Dept, Head office, Merchants Quay.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to email@example.com with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Friday 7th of April 2017. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Donor Care Officer Maternity Cover’ Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
As this is a new job description, Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance