Job Title: Major Donor Development Manager
Based: The Irish Blue Cross, 15A Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, Inchicore, Dublin 8
Reporting to: Charity Manager
The Irish Blue Cross is currently recruiting for a new and exciting position of Major Donor Development Manager to play a key role in guiding the charity into a new era of development. The job holder will be responsible for delivering significant levels of new and increased income from the major donors, corporate donors, trusts, foundations and legacy income. Reporting directly to the Charity Manager, this role offers tremendous scope for the successful candidate to develop new areas of fundraising for the charity, leveraging off an existing donor database.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsibility for cultivating, securing and managing high value gifts (five and six figure sums) for both capital needs and the ongoing funding for the charity’s services
· Identify and develop new funding opportunities and partnerships focussing on major gifts, corporates, trusts and foundations
· Develop and implement a strategy for a new Legacy giving programme maximising the profile of the charity
· Foster lead generation and cultivate individual prospects into committed donors for the charity
· Develop and nurture a pipeline of major gifts and donations for continued and forecastable funding
· Network with appropriate and relevant stakeholders in racing, veterinary, pharmaceutical, healthcare and other sectors, building effective and sustainable relationships
· Research relevant trusts and foundation prospects both nationally and internationally, building effective relationships with them
· Craft and deliver compelling and professional proposals to attract philanthropic support
· Meet annual targets and KPI’s as outlined while ensuring all activities are carried out in a compliant manner, in line with sector best practice and within budget
· Ensure appropriate, professional and timely gift acknowledgements supporting an ethos of relationship building with all donors
· Work collaboratively with the Marketing & Events Manager and the Charity Manager/Board to identify and deliver valuable cultivation events
Essential qualities & competencies:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the Irish not-for-profit sector with a proven track record in securing major gifts from high net worth individuals, companies, trusts and foundations, delivering revenue and relationship building goals
· Proven fundraising skills including foundation donor development and proactive donor cultivation
· Ability to identify and influence high-level funders through strong negotiation and relationship building skills
· A strong knowledge of the Irish not-for-profit sector, charity legislation and ethical fundraising practices
· Willingness to develop a growing knowledge and interest in the animal welfare sector, it’s funding and impact on the community
· Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks, working both independently and with colleagues to meet deadlines
· Strong database, social media and IT (MS Office) skills, preferably with Raisers Edge or similar donor database experience
· Excellent proposal writing and presentation skills; ability to prepare well-designed reports and documents with attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Marketing or business third level degree or equivalent
· Fluent English; Full clean driving license
· Experience in all major gift work a plus
· Successful track record in provision of analyses and feedback on achievements at Management and Board level
Contract terms and conditions
The hours of work are 35 per week, Monday to Friday, with some evening and weekend work required and a flexible approach to working hours as with all event management roles.
Salary: €45,000-€50,000 (commensurate with experience)
How to apply for this post
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter in the strictest confidence to:
The closing date for applications is 12.00PM, Sunday 20th August, 2017.
The Irish Blue Cross is an equal opportunities employer.
This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and activities required. A flexible approach to tasks which arise that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.
About the organisation
The Irish Blue Cross is an animal care charity (Registered Charity No. 20007959), founded in Ireland in 1945, well known for the provision of pet care amongst the least well off pet owners in the Dublin region. Our teams deliver in the region of 27,000 veterinary treatments and procedures annually at our ten mobile veterinary clinics and the main Inchicore Clinic. Our vets ensure pets are restored to full health and receive the preventative care they require to defend against disease.
The Irish Blue Cross horse ambulance service operates at all Irish race meetings and at main equestrian events such as the RDS Horse Show, Ballindenisk and Tattersalls International Horse Trials each year. Our operatives work closely with veterinary officers to assist equine that become injured or require assistance during the course of racing or eventing.
The Irish Blue Cross operates its main office and small-animal facilities at 15A Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, Inchicore, Dublin 8