Cystic Fibrosis Ireland is a voluntary organisation that was set up by parents in 1963 to improve the treatment and facilities for people with cystic fibrosis in Ireland. Cystic Fibrosis Ireland also co-operates with medical professionals to ensure we give maximum assistance to both parents and children / adults with cystic fibrosis.
We are supported by fundraising and voluntary contributions and are solely concerned with the well-being of people with cystic fibrosis.
In order to continue and expand our work, we are looking to recruit a Fundraising Executive to join our Fundraising Team.
The Fundraising Executive will be responsible for providing support to the Fundraising Team, assisting in developing and managing of a broad range of fundraising events and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who has a passion to raise much needed funds to help Cystic Fibrosis Ireland continue to provide the support and services required by people with cystic fibrosis in Ireland.
Closing Date: 30th June 2017
Position Overview & Main Responsibility
CF Ireland (CFI) is a voluntary organisation established by a group of parents in 1963 to improve the treatment and facilities for people with Cystic Fibrosis in Ireland. Our key focus is the provision of services, information and support for people with CF in Ireland. We receive no core state funding, but we have grown from our voluntary roots to become the leading voice for the CF Community in Ireland, with 22 branches across Ireland.
The Fundraising Executive role will provide general administration support to the fundraising team and to assist with fundraising campaigns, events and activities
Reports to: The Fundraising Manager
Support For Fundraising Campaigns, Events and Community Fundraising
- Assist with the recruitment and providing support to fundraising volunteers and local community groups, help and encourage them in their fundraising activities to maximise income, ensuring a high standard of Donor and Fundraiser care is consistently provided.
- Assist, as a point of contact for supporters holding events to raise funds and build sustainable relationships to encourage continued support.
- Give support to upcoming events and prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising packs, sponsor cards, charity day products etc.
- To follow up with volunteers / fundraisers post events
- Answer telephone enquiries from Fundraisers in an appropriate manner and deal with enquiries and requests efficiently.
- Accurately record details on the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) in line with internal policy
- To produce and maintain correspondence, reports and information files as required.
- Follow up Press Releases with local press and radio during campaigns
- To attend local, regional and national fundraising activities and events as required.
- Work closely with the fundraising team and other internal teams to ensure the effective running of Cystic Fibrosis Ireland
- To provide information to other teams with regard to income, donors etc.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word & Excel
- 3rd Level qualification (desirable) or relevant experience gained within the same or similar sector.
- Be a "People Person" - with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with a broad range of people.
- A high standard of spoken and written English, and good numeracy skills.
- Raiser’s Edge
- Previous fundraising experience
- Background and/or experience in a charitable organisation.
- Data protection knowledge
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Enthusiastic, warm friendly manner with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and experience working in a busy and varied role where the ability to prioritise workload is essential
- Excellent Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the Cystic Fibrosis Ireland.
- Hours: 35 hours per week (9am-5pm Monday to Friday) - time flexibility and travel required. Some evening and weekend work maybe required.
- Contract: Permanent subject to six months probationary period
- Location: 24 Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
- Salary: Salary Scale €27,000 - €30,000 (based on experience)
- All staff are required to maintain and uphold the Association’s policies and procedures.
Please apply by completing the job application form detailing your suitability for the role and forward to Jolyn Mulvey, Senior Co-ordinator HR & Finance, Cystic Fibrosis Ireland, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 24 Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6
Please note CV's will not be accepted, applications must be in the form of completed Job application form in order to be considered
Closing Date for receipt of Applications is 4pm 30th June, 2017